Monday, February 24, 2014

an eye opening weekend

Well it's been awhile since I've last posted! Sorry for being MIA but A LOT has happened these past two weeks. I've recently just moved into a new condo with the Hubbs, and I've been doing a lot of soul searching in regards to my career. One thing that really made me open my eyes was this past weekend. So it was my cousin's Birthday and I went over there to celebrate along with our other family and friends and I saw a lot of my old friends who I haven't seen in awhile due to work, and basically life getting in the way. As we were all standing around talking and drinking alcohol..talking about whose was getting married or having babies next.. I noticed that how everyone was talking about their jobs and what was going on at work. Did we really get to that age where all we talked about was married lives, babies, and careers? It then hit me on how unhappy I am with my current employment situation, I was working non-stop possibly 60 hours a week and was getting mentally and physically drained from it all and with no recognition-instead I feel that I was being mistreated due to other reasons (which I won't go into right now...) but  I probably couldn't tell you the last time I was actually able to spend time with my husband. I have never been somewhere where I actually hated my job- which thinking it about it on Saturday, I was actually about to burst into tears when I would talk about my job to other people. I believe this was God's way of telling me that I need to step away from working in Retail and to find a new career outlet, or possibly work at a smaller company so I wouldn't be as stressed and drained as I was the last 3 months...

Any hoo.. LOL sorry for my long rant, I've just been struggling with that for the last two weeks and I just needed to let it out.. But today I have a interview at another Retail store (go figure) lol and I've never noticed how hard it is now to dress for interviews (especially in my closet). But here is what I've come up with- Mind you- this store is more laid back/casual so I couldn't dress how I normally would for interviews.

Cardigan: C.wonder | Tank: Gap | Necklace: Charming Charlie | Jeans: Loft | Shoes : Coach




No comments:

Post a Comment